Unfortunately you can’t blog/talk about vSphere 6.0 so if you haven’t already sign up here:
You can talk about UCS 3.0 this release includes the following:
- New chassis which offers no new functionality apart from support for mini UCS (new equipment is backward compatible with existing 5108, this just has a cross-connect to support, the below.
- A new Fabric Interconnect that is in the form factor of a FEX (6324 Fabric Interconnect is the official name), and can support 1 chassis and a 7 rack mount servers (not recommended due to lack of redundancy).
- UCS Central 1.2(1a) is also out and it supports the mini UCS so you can manage your main Data Centre and a smaller office Mini UCS from one point.
- UCS Platform Emulator 3.0 is also out for training.
Release notes are available here:
- UCS 3.0: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/ucs_3_0_rn.html
- UCS Central 1.2: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/RN-CiscoUCSCentral_1-1.html
- UCS Emulator 3.0: https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/53980-2-72637/Cisco%20UCS%20Platform%20Emulator%20Release%20Notes%20version%203.0%281cPE1%29.pdf